Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lets Celebrate!

Why oh why America does every holiday revolve around tasty treats. The more events I attend, the more I am greeted with the stark reality that it is impossible in people's minds to have a good time with out sugar being present. Seriously, I challenge you to try to have a birthday or wedding party without a cake. People will look at you like you have lost all sense of reality. So what do we do? Do we we make a cake anyway and just determine that the whole world can go into sugar shock, but we will stand strong? Do we make a sugarfree chemical filled goodie and hope that no one realizes that eating chemicals is no more healthy than sugar? No. Lets be realistic here. The whole world will not come to a screeching standstill if there isn't sugar present. You may have to field a few "When do we cut the cake" comments, but mark my words, no one is going to take their present and storm out hollering, "no cake! no gift!"

My friend once told me, "Kristen, you aren't going to change the world one person at a time so why bother!" My retort to her, "Oh yes I will." I'm not asking for a total revolution here, but a few less parties where we all go home in a sugar coma will do the world better. So here is my challenge to you. In light of the looming events coming down the pike. At your next event try to forgo the candy and cake overload. Get fun little gifts to hand out to the kids at the end of the next birthday party or make an extra special meal instead of focussing on the dessert at your next dinner party.

1 comment:

  1. Well, You can rest sort of easy because I have not only hosted childrens parties without cake OR with what we call chocalate cake that had nothing processed in it( more like a browning but not near as sweet as one)but I have also been to parties where the cake was made from cut fruits and veggies. What I want to know is what to put in a pinata instead of candy and crappy toys LOL. Keep up the good work! - Demetria

    ReplyDelete