Friday, June 7, 2013

Week 4 - No Frills, No Thrills, No Pictures; Just Done.

Day 1 - Step

Day 2 - Rest - 465 calories burned, 16 ounces water drank, 144 lunges done, 450 squats completed, 5:24 min of abs in the bag!

Day 3 - Cycling Round and round she goes where she'll stop nobody knows. If this whole running thing doesn't work out I could definitely find my second love in cycling. If I could just get past the fact my thighs would NEVER again fit into a pair of jeans.

Day 4 - 10 miles - Early morning run. While waking early seemed like a good idea the night before; when idea met reality it became not such a motivating event. I peeled myself out of bed, pushed the brew button on the coffee machine and waited to wake up. And waited. And waited. Once I realized it wasn't going to happen prior to my first few steps out the front door, I resolved to take each mile one at a time.

Day 5 - 4.5 miles and the hills were alive. I told myself heading out, "Just run 3 miles at a slow and easy pace. 11 min miles? Sure, go for it!" Warm Up done! I was on my way. After three miles of what can only be deemed by Mrs. L my "BIT#*! miles" I finished with 4.5 miles and only enjoying the last mile and a half. Not my strongest or longest run, but some days that's just how it goes.

Day 6 - Step! NO! I spent 5 hours at the local zoo chaperoning 8 children. By the grace of God I had a companion in the fox hole with me. Let me tell you corralling 8 kids all day is exhausting. I'm not sure how our teachers do it, but after five hours of saying the same eight names no less than 1 thousand times I am done.

Day 7 - 3 miles and Weight Lifting - Nothing spectacular. Nothing too fun. This week chalked up to be a just get it done kinda' week.

While training for an event there are always going to be weeks that just seem to be less than spectacular. You look for your "story" to tell, your this is the reason I run moment, and sometimes it's just not there. Sometimes getting out on the road and checking off the training miles is all you're going to get. And that's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment