Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weeks 5, 6, 7

For the love! It's been entirely too long since I have uploaded Road to Boston info. It is definitely not for the sake of not training. I'm not sure why it is when school lets out a mother's work load doubles. Chore charts, hours of training and teachings that turns into playing in their room, back yard, kitchen, living room, bathroom(s), and "Get out of the garage!" All to the demise of my used to look somewhat clean on most days house. Each day I take a deep breath and pray that somehow the cleaning I did the night before will remain for at least the first half of the day. I pray that my children will one day look at the house and think, "Wow! Look at how clean the house is. Mom sure did a good job. Let's make sure we don't throw our stuff all over the place." If miracles are possible I will continue to pray for this one. I count my blessings on these days to be able to throw my hands in the air, walk out the front door and hit the road running.

So without further ado; my last three weeks of training.

Week 5
Day 1: Step Class
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: 13 miles. Hauled some serious A$$ at the end. And when I say hauled A$$ I mean ran as hard as my legs would allow. I'm certain an 80 year old woman could have lapped me on my last mile, but finish, I did.
Day 4: Body weight workout! Killer!!!! I have found my nemesis in Pull Ups. Someone let my 7th grade PE teacher know I can do two in a row and then I become a bit of a kangaroo to get my chin above the bar.
Day 5: 1 mile warm up, 3 mile Tempo run and 1 mile cool down. Hit the ground running at the crack of dawn.
Day 6: Ran 3 miles, not on the list of to do's but much needed.
Day 7: 6 miles, every 2 miles increased pace for a strong finish.

Week 6
Day 1: Step
Day 2: I'm certain I should have run 14 miles, but because I am a grown up now and I can make decisions, right or wrong. I decided to move this workout to Sunday. High five for me, rest it is.
Day 3: 3 mile run. No frill and no thrills.
Day 4: 14 miles run. Good golly, who would have thought rolling hills on a 14 miles course would feel like I was running in a wind tunnel up a mountain in the rain, sleet and snow. I may be exaggerating. However, today was the first day I thought I've got some serious work ahead of me.
Day 5: Body Weight workout and an easy 3 miles.
Day 6: Step
Day 7: HILLS!!!! I'm fairly certain Sunday would have counted for a hill repeat workout. However, another hill workout is what I did. 5 miles total: 1mile warm up, Repeats of 2 min up at full speed and 2 min rest, 1 mile cool down.

Week 7
Day 1: Step
Day 2:  Yoga. I knew my training was missing something. Stretching after each run just isn't enough. I need some zen in my life.  
Day 3: Rest.
Day 4:10 miles 8:48 pace.
Day 5: Body Weight Workout : Those dang pull ups. I was tempted to tap out before finishing them. However, I was at the gym and after bear crawling, rollercoastering (is that a word?) and air benching I had definitely drawn attention and my pride was not going to let me do one pull up and call it good.
Day 6: Step
Day 7: 1 miles warm up, .50 miles level 9-10 (can't talk, I think I may toss my breakfast), .25 miles level 6-7 repeats (I am doing just fine and can actually feel oxygen getting to my lungs), 4 repeats, 1 miles cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment