Thursday, May 16, 2013

Week 2 - Done and Done


Day 1 - XTraining. Does sitting cross legged count for cross training? Just kidding. Step class was my pick. You will quickly find that my cross training will consist of hollering at the top of my lungs to a group of women and men who excitedly laugh at every one of my jokes. Not because they are funny, but in fact because they fear if they don't I will inevitably push them harder. Please note this is not torture as I'm sure my jokes are, in fact, hysterically funny.

Day 2 - REST DAY

Day 3 - 14 mile Bike Ride. Up before the crack of dawn. Seriously there wasn't even a slice of light peering through my shades. Thank you Cascade Athletic Club for getting new Expresso Bikes. I created a lake of sweat below my peddles.

Day 4 - 3 miles run Hmmm. How should I go about informing you, I did not actually complete this run. Heck, I didn't even start it. I snuggled up in my bed and enjoyed my children bringing me breakfast. Upon rising for the day I made it a point to put on clothes that would encourage active behavior...just so long as active was lounging on the couch reading a good book. Today was my miss. Happy Mother's Day to me!

Day 5 - 1 mile warm up with 2 mile Tempo run and 1.5 mile cool down. Good night nurse. I headed out with the wind pelting me in the face; fully dressed for spring in Oregon. On my cool down, 1.5 miles, the clouds dispersed, the sun came out in full force and I'm fairly certain I may have gotten a sunburn through my long sleeves, and vest. 7:00min/mi tempo pace. A win in my book.

Day 6 - Step Class. Yelling optional today!

Day 7 - Negative Split 5 Miles with second half faster than the first. Hello treadmill. I have found my favorite run. Start slow and haul a$$ at the end.

Second week of training was a hit and a miss. Started with a NASTY sore throat. A box of zinc lozenges and a diet rich in veggies later, I succeeded in missing very little of my training. Hit a killer speed day and looking forward to what next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment