Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 3 - Run Kristen Run

prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5064428827378665&w=103&h=103&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90Day 1 - Step, Step, Stepping my way up to nicer buns and stronger legs. If I can only find a way to work these pesky snowman arms while teaching a Step class. I'm sure no one would notice if I wore long sleeves filled with sand. Maybe next week...

Day 2 - Rest. Okay don't give me a ration of crap. I think if you look at week two you will notice, I deserve this day of rest. Okay, don't look! I may not deserve it, but I took it any way. Deal with it.

prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4944272888497428&w=80&h=80&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90Day 3 - 12 miles (Miles 6-10 race pace). I've got some work to do with pacing myself. If you looked at my Garmin watch (yes, I am "that" person) you will find that miles 3, 7, 9, and 12 were race pace. The way I look at it, 4 miles race pace is 4 miles race pace, no matter how you get it done. Please don't write this in your running book. This is not actually sound advice.

Day 4 - Upon my husband leaving for the day I promptly piled my herd of children in the car. I may be exaggerating. I only have three children, but sometimes I feel like I am corralling cattle to get them all in the car. Of the gym we go where there are shiny happy faces awaiting to take my children off of my hands so I can get a fun workout in. Elliptical workout, fun? Not really. But done, yes.

Day 5 - 1 miles warm up, 3 mile tempo run, 1 mile cool down. The day started with rain. Rain continued to dance while I ate my lunch, picked up my kids from school, cooked and ate dinner and laced up my shoes. UHG! This is going to ssssss, certainly be a fun filled tempo run. I headed out the front door and by the grace of God, the clouds parted for exactly 41 minutes there was not a rain drop in site. I know this because I was back at home standing on my front porch at 40 min and 58 sec watching while the first rain drop fell.

Day 6 - Step. No, no sand filled sleeves this week either. But let me tell you; a nice Spinach-Protein Smoothie before class can really rock your world. And I don't mean the I just won a million dollars rock your world. I'm talking more or less the....okay, I'll just let you use your imagination and it's not the good kind of rock your world.

Day 7 - Run 4 miles and weight training. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill which can actually be counted as 8 miles since that's what it feels like when you are on a treadmill.

Although my treadmill doesn't look like this ancient grain grinding treadmill. I am certain this picture will convey the drudgery I endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment