Monday, April 15, 2013

My Heart Aches for Boston

Boston Strong!I find myself at a loss for words. I have typed and erased, typed and erased looking for words to honor those fallen, those injured and those scared from the bombings at the Boston Marathon. I sit 2000 miles away in my home thinking of how those runners and spectators must have felt. I am able to hug my 8 year old while one mother will go home without hers. I can walk to the other room while some will wake tomorrow to hear they have lost their limbs. I feel weak and helpless and I wonder if we will ever feel safe. My thoughts and prayers are with those families tonight and in the days to come.

After viewing reactions at the Boston Marathon and those selfless acts of bravery this is Barack Obama's response. Agreed.

“If you want to know who we are, what America is, how we respond to evil, that’s it,” he said. “Selflessly, compassionately, unafraid.” President Barack Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment